Devices with firmware v1.0 or later (units sold from December 2021 onwards) need to be registered and configured for the first time. How to know your device firmware version?
To register your new device, once it is energized, use a WiFi device (a smartphone, for instance) and look for available WiFi network connections. You will find a connection with SSID (name) starting with prefix “Coiaca-“. Ex: “Coiaca-DSC01“.
Connect to this network using the default AP Password. The default AP password for the latest firmware version is dFHCl30mRj4JT
For earlier firmware version you can find the default AP password here, and for custom firmware versions you can contact the support team, if you don’t have the label that was shipped with your custom unit.
Once connected you will be automatically redirected to the welcome screen. No device ID will be displayed, because registration has not been performed yet.
Tap on Config to enter to the configuration screen and complete the following fields WITHOUT CHANGING ANY OTHER PARAMETER. You will be able to change oher parameters and configure the device as you need, after registration is done.
- Thing name: This is the name of your device and the SSID that it will display when acting as an Access Point to allow connections, to be configured.
- AP password: This is the password to connect to the device when acting as an Access Point to allow connections, to be configured. It is mandatoy to be changed for the settings to be saved. What if I forget it?
- WiFi SSID: This is the name of the network you want the device connects to provide its funtionality. During the registration process internet access is requied. Afterwards, internet access could be reuquired or not, depending on your use case.
- Wifi Password: This is the password of the network you want the device connects to provide its funtionality, specified in the previous field.
- Email Address: A valid email address where you will receive the device ID, MQTT credentials and Home Assistant configuration parameter.
- Email Address Confirmation: Re enter the email adddress for confirmation.
- User Password: This password is for generating an account for storing and protecting your device data.
- User Password Confirmation: Re enter the password for confirmation.
Once all fields are completed, leave the other parameters as they are, scroll down to the bottom of the configuration screen and tap on Apply to save data.
The device will reboot and then will connect to the WiFi network you specified to perrform the registration.
Once registration is completed your device is ready to be used.
You will receive an email from email@example.com whit credentials and information that will allow you to use all features and services.
If you don’t receive the registration email, check your spam folder or add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts beforehand, to avoid losing the data. If you are still not receiving the email, please contact support via email at email@example.com, specifying the email address you used for registering your device.
For configuring other parameters, proceed as follows:
- Reset your device (pressing the reset button). The green led will start to blink fast for 30 second
- Connect with a smartphone or a laptot to the network with the name you specified as “Thing name” on the configuration, and use the password you configured. You will be redirected to the welcome screen where the device ID is displayed.
- Tap Config to enter to the configuration screen.
- Set parameters according to your needs. Check the documentation section to know which parameters are needed to be configured on your device, according to your implementation, integration and use case. For example, if you are integrating an alarm bridge with Home Assistant, you will need to configure the alarm access code, but if you will use it with a virtual keyboard is optional.
- Tap on Apply at the bottom of the configuration screen to save the configuration and reboot the device.